We’re inviting you to the upcoming KACA sessions and events at the AEJMC conference in Washington, D.C. You can take part in a research paper session, a business meeting, graduate student session, and networking dinner. Detailed descriptions for each of these events are available in the links provided below.
The graduate session and the networking dinner have been sponsored by the School of Advertising and Public Relations at the University of Texas at Austin. Due to their sponsorship, we’re able to provide food and beverages without a participation fee. Please confirm your attendance for either or both the networking dinner and the graduate student session by July 28th. Pre-registration is required, so use the links below to RSVP.
- Networking Dinner https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2023-aejmc-kaca-networking-dinner-tickets-677911550697?aff=oddtdtcreator
- Graduate Student Session https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2023-aejmc-kaca-graduate-student-session-tickets-677915342037?aff=oddtdtcreator
We value your participation and look forward to seeing you there. Join us and get the most out of these sessions. We’re excited for you to be a part of our events!
2023 Korean American Communication Association – AEJMC
Program & Events
Research Paper Session
Tuesday, August 8 (2:30-4:00 P.M.), Tu070
Jinhyon Kwon, Flagler College
Won-Ki Moon (University of Florida), Jungyun Won (William Paterson University)
- *Kyungsun “Karen” Lee (Zayed University), Visual construction of the competitive imaginary in South Korea’s (inter)national development volunteer images
- Irkwon Jeong (Kwangwoon University) & & Hyoungkoo Khang (University of Alabama), Normative influence of social media on adolescents’ actions, attitudes, and perceptions toward non-normative behavior in South Korea
- Seung-Hwan Mun (Northeastern Illinois University), Revived Yellow Peril: A Comparative Analysis of Hate Crime and Racial Discrimination Against Korean Americans During the COVID-19 Pandemic
*Open Competition Top Paper
- Jeeyun Park (The University of Texas at Austin), The effect of online consumer-generated visual content in the hospitality section: Focusing on shared photo types and platform characteristics
- Soyon Choi (The University of Texas at Austin) & Hyungrok Jin (The University of Texas at Austin), The Effectiveness of Spatial Presence in Mixed Reality Sports (MRS) on Exercise Satisfaction and Adherence
- Yunjin Pi (Yonsei University), The Effect of Message Fatigue of COVID-19 Emergency Alert on Avoidance Behavior: The Mediating Role of Perceived Information Usefulness
Tuesday, August 8 (4:30-5:20 P.M.), Tu084
Yeonsoo Kim, University of Texas at Austin
KACA Networking Dinner (Free of Charge)
The KACA Networking Dinner is sponsored by the School of Advertising and Public Relations at the University of Texas at Austin. KACA will provide complimentary food and drink as a result of this sponsorship. All attendees must register in advance.
- When: Tuesday, August 8 @ 7:00 PM
- Where: Han Gang Restaurant, 7243 Little River Turnpike, Annandale, VA 22003
- The venue is located approximately 20-25 minutes away from the conference hotel. Please plan accordingly to ensure you have enough time for travel. For those interested in sharing an Uber to the restaurant, KACA committee members will gather at the Conference Hotel’s front door at 6:30 PM.
KACA Graduate Student Session (Free of Charge)
The KACA graduate student session is sponsored by the School of Advertising and Public Relations at the University of Texas at Austin. KACA will provide complimentary food and drink as a result of this sponsorship.
- When: Wednesday, August 9, @ Noon
- Where: Unconventional Diner, 1207 9th St NW Washington, DC 20001
- Job search strategies: Discuss effective ways to search for academic or industry positions, including online job boards, networking, and utilizing professional connections.
- Post-PhD career paths: Discuss different career paths available to PhD graduates, including academic positions, industry roles, government research, consulting, entrepreneurship, and non-profit organizations, highlighting the skills and experiences relevant to each path.
- Networking and building connections: Emphasize the significance of networking in academia and industry, and provide advice on attending conferences, joining professional organizations, and establishing connections with potential employers and collaborators.