Special Call for Participation: Three Minute Thesis Competition
(Extended Deadline: July 10, 2018)
The KACA 40th anniversary conference will host a Three Minute Thesis (3MT@KACA) Competition for graduate students on Thursday, August 9th during the AEJMC conference in DC. This 40th year anniversary special event will include doctoral dissertation, masters’ thesis, and research paper presentations in a 3-minute presentation style. There will be cash prizes for the competition: $1,000 for 1st place, $300 for 2nd place and $200 for 3rd place.
All graduate students, including non-members, are eligible for the entry. However, the presentation topic should be Korea or Asia related. The preparation process toward the competition will enhance your public speaking skills describing your research and scholarship in a clear and engaging manner within a limited time frame. The competitors will also learn from others in terms of presentation styles and talking points.
The 3MT@KACA competition Rules and Terms.
- Presenters are graduate students.
- The presentation topic should be Korea or Asia related.
- A single PowerPoint slide in 16×9 format is required.
- The slide is to be presented at the beginning of the oration.
- No slide transition (e.g., animation, moving texts) method is allowed.
- No multimedia (e.g., sound or video) is allowed.
- Presentations are limited to three minutes maximum. Presentations exceeding three minutes are automatically disqualified.
- Presentation are in the format of spoken words (e.g., no poems, raps, or songs).
- Winners will be announced at the KACA 40th anniversary Gala reception, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., August 9th, 2018.
Deadline for the registration is June 30 July 10, 2018. To submit the entry, send a title, author information, and an abstract (150 words maximum) in pdf to Dr. Gi Woong Yun (email@example.com).
For inquiries, contact professors Seok Kang (firstname.lastname@example.org), Seihill Kim (KIM96@mailbox.sc.edu), or Gi Woong Yun (email@example.com), KACA 40th Anniversary Program Committee.
Download the leaflet here.