Call for KACA-AEJMC 2023 Papers and Reviewers
We invite submissions of original research papers for the 2023 KACA-AEJMC competitive research session. We encourage submissions that advance theories and understanding of various aspects of media and communication relevant to Korean and/or other Asian contexts. The KACA-AEJMC session welcomes a variety of theoretical orientations and methodological approaches. Submissions from graduate students are highly recommended, as student submissions are considered a separate category.
Guidelines for All Submissions
All submissions must be made no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, Saturday, April 8, 2023.
2. Categories of Submissions (two categories): A paper may be submitted in one of the two categories: (1) open or (2) student.
Student papers must be authored or co-authored by students ONLY (no faculty co-authors), and all student papers must have the word “STUDENT” on the title page.
3. Paper Formatting:
1) Full papers
- 25 pages EXCLUDING abstract, references, tables, figures, and all notes. Papers must be typed in a 12-point font, using Times New Roman, Times, or Arial font. Paper text must be formatted with double line spacing with 1-inch margins on all sides of the document; references may be single spaced, with a double space between citation entries.
- Consistent with the APA 7 style.
2) Extended abstracts
- Five pages EXCLUDING abstract, references, tables, figures, and all notes. Papers must be typed in a 12-point font, using Times New Roman, Times, or Arial font. Paper text must be formatted with double line spacing with 1-inch margins on all sides of the document; references may be single spaced, with a double space between citation entries.
- Consistent with the APA 7 style.
- Extended abstracts should contain all of the same content sections and elements that would normally be used in the full paper, including the study’ purpose, literature review, research questions and/or hypotheses, method, expected findings and implications. The main difference, however, is the length of this submission format. Extended abstracts must be at least 750 words long but no more than 1,500 words.
- For authors considering the extended abstract option, research findings and conclusions must be shared at the conference during the presentation.
A paper may NOT be under review: (1) simultaneously with more than one division within AEJMC, (2) simultaneously with the AEJMC conference and any other conference, (3) simultaneously with the AEJMC conference and any potential publication, including referred journals, book chapters etc.
4. Submission Method
Please submit the files (the title page file and the research paper file in MS Word or pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Submission process, requirement, and paper award
- All submissions must include a separate title page and an abstract with approximately 250 words. A separate cover page should include the following information: paper title, author name, affiliation, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Author identification: Names and all information that may identify the author(s) should not appear anywhere in the paper other than on the separate title page.
- All submissions will be blind reviewed by two-three reviewers with expertise in the area.
- Presentation requirement: For paper submission, authors do not need to be a member of KACA or AEJMC. However, once the paper is accepted, At least one author of an accepted paper must attend the conference to present the paper. Authors of accepted papers are required to forward papers to discussants and moderators prior to the conference.
- Only full papers will be considered for KACA division awards.
If you have any questions, please contact research chairs, Jiyoung Lee (email@example.com) or Jungyun Won (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2023 KACA-AEJMC paper competition reviewers needed
The KACA-AEJMC and the Research Committees need your help to review submissions for the 2023 AEJMC-KACA paper competitions. We rely on our division members to make this competition run smoothly.
To serve as a reviewer, please complete the following brief reviewer interest survey: https://forms.gle/ErHjPqf76eFMaPvc8
Completing the survey allows us to assign papers that best match your areas of topical and methodological expertise. Your service will be recognized as an official research paper review board member for the KACA conferences and other scholarly activities (such as ICA, NCA, AEJMC, KACA Grant etc.) and listed on the KACA website. You will be required to review a manuscript of your specialization and won’t be asked to review more than two studies a year. To encourage participation and high-quality reviews, we will offer a top reviewer award to a reviewer who is timely in his/her reviews and provides authors with the most helpful and substantive comments and feedback.
We will send further instructions about how to provide quality submission reviews once the paper call closes. Thank you.