KACA DISSERTATION AWARD
The Korean American Communication Association (KACA) announces KACA dissertation award. This award aims to assist a dissertationproject focusing on Korea-related topic. A total of $1,000 will be awarded to the winning recipient.
All materials must be submitted electronically to the dissertationaward Committee Chair, Dr. Gi Woong Yun (firstname.lastname@example.org), by May 20, 2017 at 11:59pm in Pacific Time.
The applicant should be a KACA member at the time of proposal submission. If you are not a member, sign up here (http://www.thekaca.org/
The application should include a proposal, a letter of recommendation from the dissertation advisor, and a 3-page curriculum vitae.
The proposal should
· Be less than 5 pages (single spaced) including figures, tables, and references.
· Provide the most relevant literature reviews and research questions.
· Explain the project overview and stress the importance of the proposal in the context of Korea related communication/media research.
· Explain research method(s), which will be used in the research.
· Include research timeline with major milestones of the project.
· Include the budget and rationale for the spending items.
· Include a list of references in APA style.
· Relevance to Korea and communication/media research field.
· Feasibility of completing the project within two years.
· Contribution to the overall field of Korean studies
· Potential to publish the project in a peer-reviewed journal.
· No limitation of the choice of research method. Qualitative, quantitative, or any other method will be evaluated based on the merit of a research proposal.
· Rationale for the proposed budget. Any type of cost required for dissertation project will be counted.
KACA dissertation project award committee will review the applications and announce the winner through KACA listserv. The award ceremony will be held at KACA business meeting during 2017 AEJMC conference in Chicago. For more questions, contact the committee chair (Gi Woong Yun, email@example.com).