2023 David Tae Yong Cho Memorial Scholarship
KACA is pleased to announce the continuation of the David Tae Yong Cho Memorial Scholarship program to support our student members. The scholarship is made up of funds in 2022 from friends and colleagues in honor of the Rev. David Tae Yong Cho, who was a committed journalist and a passionate defender of press freedom in South Korea and the U.S.
The David Tae Yong Cho Memorial Scholarship award is designed for students in journalism, press freedom, and/or Korean news media studies. Up to two scholarship recipients will be selected, and each will be awarded $500.
To be eligible for the scholarship application, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student who is currently enrolled at a university as of spring 2023 and must hold an active KACA membership in 2023.
· Your application packet must include (1) a cover letter (2) a CV or resume, and (3) a personal statement that explains the focus of your study or research and its relevance to the scholarship (minimum of 500 words and maximum of 750 words). Please send your application files as a single document in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
· Reference/contact information of faculty advisor. Only references of finalists will be contacted for a letter of support.
· Application materials should be in English and submitted via email to email@example.com
· Application deadline: July 1, 2023
· The recipient(s) will be recognized at the KACA-AEJMC business meeting in August.
For more information or questions, email the scholarship committee chair Dr. Soo Young Bae, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soo Young Bae, Ph.D.
Department of Communication
University of Massachusetts, Amherst