ICA Report 2007
- Creation of a New Public Sphere: Internet Activism and Democratization of Korea by Jinsun Lee, Rutgers U, USA
- Cross-Lagged Analysis of Intermedia Agenda-Setting: An Interplay between Television News and Internet Portals in South Korea. by Doo-Hun Choi, Auburn U, USA Sei-Hill Kim, Auburn U, USA
- Talking about Mundane Topics on the Internet: A Comparison of Political and Nonpolitical Online Discussions in Korea. by Eun-Mee Kim, Yonsei U, Korea, Republic of Soohee Kim, Yonsei U, Korea, Republic of
- Representation of ‘WE’ and ‘THEY’ in Korean TV: A Study of the Television Documentaries Featuring Foreign Immigrant Workers and Korean Emigrant Workers. by Tae-Jin Yoon, Yonsei U, Korea, Republic of Jae Won Joo, Yonsei U, Korea, Republic of
- Corporate Crisis,Media Tonality, and Corporate Performance: A Time-Series Analysis of Spill-Over Effects. by Jeong-Nam Kim, Xavier U, USA Kai Bossmann, PRIME Research Center Europe, Germany Virginia Chen, PRIME Research Center Europe, Germany
KACA hosted a business meeting after panel session followed by a reception sponsored by Hankook Ilbo U.S.A.
Agendas discussed are as follows:
- KACA directory update
- KACA Web site (http://www.kacanet.org) updated with new services: blog, course syllabi collections, and job search guide.
- Visitors can use login id “members” and pw “kaca1978” to access without membership payment.
- Financial report was provided and reported.
- For the 30th anniversary of KACA, a KACA special conference day during the 2008 AEJMC in Chicago was planned.
- KACA election results for the 2007-2009 term were announced.
Reception was a success with students and professors from both Korea and the U.S. Reception participants enjoyed another reunion of KACA in Korean style at a Korean restaurant near the convention hotel.