Dear KACA members:
We hope all of our KACA members are staying healthy and safe in this challenging time. We understand that the COVID-19 situation is very difficult for many of us.
Due to the uncertain situation, the AEJMC-KACA committee has decided to extend the deadline for paper submissions to Sunday, May 17 (11 p.m. EST).
As you may know, AEJMC will have a 2020 conference. The AEJMC Board of Directors is discussing several options, including a virtual conference option, and will make a final decision around the first week of May.
To submit your paper or extended abstract to the 2020 AEJMC-KACA research session, Please read the submission instructions below.
Korean American Communication Association
Call for 2020 AEJMC Papers (EXTENDED Due: Sunday, May 17)
The Korean American Communication Association (KACA) invites you to submit original research papers to the 2020 AEJMC- KACA competitive research session. Research topics that focus on various aspects of media and communication studies related to Korea are welcome. The AEJMC-KACA session embraces various theoretical orientations and methodological approaches to research.
Guidelines for All Submissions
1. Deadline: All submissions must be made no later than 11 p.m. EST, Sunday, May 17, 2020.
2. Categories of Submissions (two categories):
1) Full papers
– 25 pages maximum (no more than 25 pages), plus references, tables, figures, and all notes.
– Consistent with the APA style.
2) Extended abstracts
– Five pages maximum, plus references, tables, figures, and all notes.
– Consistent with the APA style.
– Extended abstracts should contain a literature review, research questions/hypotheses, and a detailed method section.
Full papers are preferred. Only original research will be accepted. Research studies that are already presented, submitted, or accepted for presentation or publication should not be submitted.
3. Submission process, requirement, and paper award
1) All submissions must include a separate cover page and an abstract with approximately 250 words. A separate cover page should include the following information: paper title, author name, affiliation, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
2) Author identification: Names and all information that may identify the author(s) should not appear anywhere in the paper other than on the separate cover page.
3) All submissions will be blind reviewed by three reviewers with expertise in the area.
4) For paper submission, authors do not need to be a member of KACA or AEJMC. However, once the paper is accepted, at least one author of the submitted paper should register for the conference, and attend the conference to present the paper at the KACA session.
5) Only full papers, no extended abstracts, will be considered for the top papers. The candidates for the top student paper should have student authors only. If you have any questions regarding the call for papers, you may contact Hanna Park (Hanna.Park@mtsu.edu).
4. Submission Method: send the files (the title page file and the research paper file in MS Word or pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Reviewer recruitment:
Please volunteer to review papers submitted to the AEJMC – KACA session! If you are interested, please complete this form (https://forms.gle/k7gg5MoW8iRhDvbi7).
Thank you for your interest in submitting a paper for the 2020 AEJMC-
KACA Research Session.
Hanna Park, Ph.D.
Vice President, KACA (AEJMC)
School of Journalism and Strategic Media
College of Media and Entertainment
Middle Tennessee State University