Korean American Communication Association
Call for 2019 AEJMC Papers (Due: April 6th, Saturday)
The Korean American Communication Association (KACA) invites you to submit original research papers to 2019 AEJMC – KACA competitive research sessions. Research topics that focus on various aspects of media and communication studies related to Korea are welcome. The AEJMC-KACA sessions embrace various theoretical orientations and methodological approaches to research.
Location: Sheraton Centre Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Time: August 7 – 10, 2019
1. Guidelines for All Submissions
Deadline: All submissions must be made no later than 11pm, EST, April 6 (Saturday), 2019
2. Categories of Submissions (two categories):
A. Full papers
– 25 pages maximum (no more than 25 pages), plus references, tables, figures, and all notes.
– Consistent with the APA style.
B. Extended abstracts
– Five pages maximum, plus references, tables, figures, and all notes.
– Consistent with the APA style.
– Extended abstracts should contain literature review, research questions/hypotheses, a detailed method section, and actual findings (NOT expected findings). Abstracts only with literature review or research questions would NOT be considered.
Full papers are preferred. Only original research will be accepted. Research studies that are already presented, submitted, or accepted for presentation or publication should not be submitted.
3. Submission process, requirements, and paper award
– All submissions must include a separate cover page and an abstract with approximately 250 words. A separate cover page should include the following information: paper title, author names, affiliations, mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers.
– Author Identification: Names and all information that may identify the author(s) should not appear anywhere in the paper other than on the separate cover page.
– All submissions will be blind reviewed by two or three referees/reviewers with expertise in the area.
– For paper submission, authors do not need to be a member of KACA or AEJMC. However, once the paper is accepted, at least one author of the submitted paper should register for the conference, and attend the conference to present the paper at the KACA session.
– Only full papers, no extended abstracts, will be considered for the top papers. The candidates for the top student paper should have student authors only. If you have any question regarding the call for papers, you may contact: Gi Woong Yun via email: email@example.com
4. Submission Method
Send the files (the title page file and the research paper file in MS Word or pdf format) to Gi Woong Yun by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Reviewer recruitment
Please volunteer to review papers submitted to AEJMC-KACA session! If you are interested, you can fill out the form with this link (http://bit.ly/2TuXQsB)
* Special note about KSJCS sponsored session
The Korean Society for Journalism & Communication Studies (KSJCS) will generously sponsor one of the research sessions. This session is designed to celebrate the 60th anniversary of KSJCS and the past collaborative efforts between KSJCS and KACA. The title of the session is “Reinventing Media & Communication Studies in the Age of Mediatic Turn, sponsored by KSJCS.”
Gi Woong Yun, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Director of Center for Advanced Media Studies
Reynolds School of Journalism, Mail Stop 310
University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557
Voice: 775-784-4192, Fax: 775-784-6656