The Korean American Communication Association is an organization dedicated to serving the academic and social needs of Korean communication scholars and students in North America.
The Korean American Communication Association 501(c)(3) has been facilitating academic and social exchange among Korean communication scholars and students in North America and beyond. We welcome all researchers who share an interest in exchanging information and conduct research in communication focusing on topics related to Korea, Korean-Americans, and the Asian culture.
- To encourage and facilitate exchange of professional knowledge in various fields of communication.
- To encourage and facilitate cooperation among members in exchanging professional information and conducting research in communication, especially focusing on subjects related to Korea and Korean-Americans.
- To facilitate academic and social exchange of communication scholars between North America and Korea.
- To facilitate professional cooperation with other associations of Korean scholars or professionals in North America.
- To facilitate social exchange among members.
- Founded in 1978
- Held the first official program at the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication in
- Held the first official program at the International Communication Association in 1985
- Held the first official program at the National Communication Association in 1996
- Became a nonprofit organization, tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3) in 2014
- Approximately 550 members worldwide
Activities of the Association:
- Organizing academic conferences or seminars.
- Giving awards to best papers in each conference.
- Publishing biannual newsletter.
- Collaborating with other related associations of Korean scholars or professionals in North America.
- Supporting communication research related to Korea, Korea-U.S. relations or Korean-Americans.
- Networking with professionals in communication field.
National and International Conferences:
As an affiliated association of the following three major academic associations in the field of communication, KACA has been holding panel sessions and research paper sessions at annual conferences of these communication associations for more than 20 years.
- International Communication Association
- National Communication Association
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
Reports for each conference can be accessed via the KACA’s website.
KACA Officers (2021-‐2023)
- President – Dr. Jin-Ae Kang (East Carolina University): firstname.lastname@example.org
- ICA Vice President – Dr. YoungJu Shin (Arizona State University): Youngju.Shin@asu.edu
- AEJMC Vice President – Dr. Yeonsoo Kim (James Madison University): kim28YX@jmu.edu)
- NCA Vice President – Dr. JongHwa Lee (Angelo State University): JongHwa.Lee@angelo.edu
- Secretary – Dr. Soo Young Bae (University of Massachusetts, Amherst): email@example.com
- Treasurer –Dr. Kyung Jung Han (California State University Bakersfield): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter Editor – Dr. Jiyoun Kim (University of Maryland): email@example.com
- Web Master – Dr. Kisun Kim (Albany State University): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Chair – Dr. Jee Young Chung (University of Arkansas): email@example.com
- Student Representatives:
- Minji Kim (University of Florida): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Son (University of Florida); email@example.com
- Jeongwon Yang (Syracuse University): firstname.lastname@example.org
Staying in Touch
- Newsletter: http://www.thekaca.org/news/newsletters/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thekaca/
- Website: http://thekaca.org